1. There is now a direct flight from London to Bogota with the national carrier, Avianca. Therefore it’s that little bit easier to get to Colombia and visit the cities, the Caribbean coast and islands and of course the beautiful mountainous coffee region with their coffee haciendas.
2. Choquequirao in Peru was named by National Geographic Traveller Magazine as one of the top places to visit in 2015. It is the much under visited sister to Machu Picchu. Get there before all the crowds start going.
3. Copa America held in Chile, June – July 2015. For all the football fans, there is no better tournament to witness South American football at its best. And of course visit the length of Chile in the meantime discovering all it has to offer!
4. Carnival 13th - 17th February – celebrated in style throughout the continent. From Argentina to Colombia there is something to suit everyone. Wherever you are you will be able to enjoy Carnival and see how the locals celebrate.
5. And one for the music lovers - the Rolling Stones are touring Chile, Peru and Colombia in February and March. The perfect time to be visiting these countries!
Combine any of these ideas with a stay at one of the continent’s most charming and welcoming historic haciendas and estancias.
Please send your comment with your name and contact email. Many thanks.