A grand old country hotel and estate near the international airport
Doubles from $375 pppn
Best for: Food & Wine
Why stay here: For a relaxing time in opulent surroundings
- It is no longer a working estancia
- Year built: 1923
- The history of the hacienda: Villa Maria was founded at the end of the 19th Century. The English Tudor style main house was built in 1923 and there is also a French style house in the grounds which was built a few years before. The estate originally belonged to the Pereda family
- 10 guest rooms
- Room details: All the rooms are either doubles, suites, family suites or master suites
Food and Drink
- Dining: 3 meals and non-alcoholic drinks are included
- Bar: There is a bar where all drinks are available at an extra cost
Activities at the hotel
- Horse riding
- Carriage rides
- Polo practice
- Wine tasting can be arranged
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Billiard room
Local area attractions
- Close to the international airport; so it’s possible to just spend the day here if you have a later flight
Amenities and Facilities
- Meeting facilities
- Special events including weddings are offered
- Gardens and terraces
- Disabled access: there is one room on the ground floor that is accessible
- Safes in room
- Extra beds available
Need to know
- Open all year: Yes
- Best time to visit: October to April for the better weather
- Suitable for children: Children are welcome
- Languages: English and Spanish spoken
- Special offers: Yes, from time to time they do, for example offers for Valentines Day
- Check in/out policies: 12pm/11am
- From $375 to £430 plus tax pppn
- Credit cards accepted
- Booking and cancellation: On making a reservation they will take your credit card details and there will be no charge if the reservation is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance.
- View Google Map>>
- Address : Av. Perdes s/n, Maximo Paz, Ezeiza, Aires, Argentina
- GPS Cordinates: 34 57’ 22.35”
- Transfers available: Yes
Very conveniently located just under an hour from the centre of Buenos Aires, Estancia Villa Maria is a beautiful and grand old country estate and hotel. The English Tudor style house was built in 1923 and the French style house in the ground dates back even further to the 19th century. As the estancia isn't that far from the international airport, Ezeiza, it makes an ideal place to either start or finish your trip. Everything about Villa Maria is grand and formal and although it's more of a country hotel than a traditional estancia it makes a great place to unwind, be pampered and enjoy impeccable service.
There are 10 rooms including superiors (with queen size beds), family suites (2 bedrooms with one king and queen size bed and sitting area) and master suites (king size bed and sitting room). All are tastefully and luxuriously decorated and have cable TV, safes, hairdryers and air conditioning. Some of the bathrooms may be described as somewhat rustic in comparison to the overall elegance of the hotel although all the accommodation is very comfortable.
Villa Maria offers a relaxing and tranquil experience but for those who want more action there is plenty to keep you occupied, horse riding around the beautiful and well maintained estate, a swimming pool, football, polo, massages and the very popular wine testing sessions. The hotel is beautifully decorated and it is a pleasure to lounge around enjoying the common areas and the grounds. The proximity to the international airport makes it an ideal place to stay before flying out especially if you have a night flight.
All four meals are included and the good quality food is served in the grand and elegant dining areas making each meal time an experience to be savoured. Tables are separate rather than the communal dining which some estancias offer. As their wine cellar is so well stocked it's unlikely that you won’t be able to find something that takes your fancy.
Villa Maria is perfect place for those looking for peace and tranquillity in a formal and elegant setting. It's perhaps more of a country style hotel than a traditional Argentine estancia. The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and make you feel very welcome from the moment you are greeted on arrival. It is well run and efficient and is a popular place for weddings and events which is unsurprising given its lovely setting. The paved driveway meanders through the beautiful gardens and you know then you've arrived somewhere special. Popular with both locals and foreigners Estancia Villa Maria makes an idyllic place to spend a couple of nights.