An inviting colonial style hotel outside of town
Doubles from $95 per room including taxes
Best for: Family
Why stay here: To use as a very comfortable base to explore this interesting region
- Not a working farm
- Year built: 1986
- The history of the hacienda: El Patio de Monterry was originally a hacienda style house that was badly damaged in the earthquake of 1970. It was then sympathetically rebuilt and opened as a hotel in 1986
- 25 guest rooms plus 4 cabins
- Room details: The rooms are a mixture of singles, doubles, twins and triples. The cabins are ideal for families as they have a queen size bed plus 2 singles
Food and Drink
- Dining: Breakfast is included and they also serve dinner in the restaurant
- Bar: Yes
Activities at the hotel
- Rest and relaxation
- Pretty gardens
Local area attractions
- In the local area there are the Monterrey thermal baths, Wilcahuain archaeological site, Llanganuco Lake, Chavin Archaeological site and Huascaran National Park with mountains and lakes
Amenities and Facilities
- Wifi available in public areas of hotel
- Gardens, terraces and outdoor space
- Extra beds available in the cabin
- Safety deposit boxes available in reception
Need to know
- Open all year: Yes
- Best time to visit: From April to October
- Suitable for children: Yes
- Languages: English and Spanish spoken
- Eco credentials: Organic fruit and vegetables are used as much as possible, build with natural or locally sourced materials, participate in recycling schemes, energy efficient, invest in local community and employ local staff
- Special offers: Sometimes – please enquire directly
- Check in/out policies: 3pm/12pm
- From $82 to $162 per room including taxes
- Credit cards accepted – Visa and Mastercard
- Booking and cancellation: You must cancel 7 days before otherwise you will be charged
- View Google Map
- Address: Carretera Huaraz Monterrey Km 06, Huaraz, Peru
- Transfers available: Yes at an extra cost
Hotel Patio de Monterrey is a charming colonial style hotel situated about 6 km outside Huaraz. Peaceful and well looked after, this hotel works hard to make their guests feel at home. Inviting common areas, pretty gardens and courtyards help to create a relaxing oasis but where the service is also second to none.
The hotel was rebuilt in 1986 as the original was badly damaged in the earthquake of 1970. They tried very hard to keep the same style as the original and did a very good job. Originally it was a private house before it opened as a hacienda style hotel after the rebuild.
There are 25 standard guest rooms as well as 4 cabins with log fireplaces. The rooms are a mixture of singles, doubles, twins and triples. The rooms are generally quite large and comfortable with traditional and regional décor. All have cable TV, telephones and heaters for those chilly evenings.
The hotel is a great place to stay while exploring the surrounding area. There are thermal baths on the doorstep, interesting archaeological sites nearby as well as national parks with lakes and mountains. It’s an excellent area for such outdoor activities like hiking and biking. The hotel itself has well cared for gardens and courtyards so after all the activity makes a good place to relax and recoup your energy.
Breakfast is included and comprises of hot drinks, juices, breads, jams and marmalades as well as eggs and ham. Eating while overlooking the patio in the morning sun is one of the highlights of the hotel. Dinner is also served in their restaurant – the food is of a good standard, organic whenever possible and there are also vegetarian options available.
Hotel El Patio de Monterrey is the sort of hotel where you can happily spend a few enjoyable days while exploring the region. There is a lot to see and do around Huaraz and this is definitely a great option to use as a base. The staff are welcoming, attentive and try extremely hard to accommodate and please. Nothing is too much for them. The atmosphere is very relaxed and you will more than likely meet fellow guests from all over the world. A comfortable and rustic option set in a tranquil, out of town location.